Hong Kong is the best known for being a haven for shoppers. But Hong Kong offers so much more than just shopping. There are many budget hotels in Hong Kong for the visitors. Visitors can experience local cuisine, attend festivals, watch sporting events, and visit movie locations while taking in the city’s beauties from a great height.
Additionally, you can profit from easy transportation and visa-free status. So, you can have a simple, enjoyable, happy, and memorable trip to and within Hong Kong. You can find all the information regarding cheap hotels in Hong Kong here.
1. The Hari, Causeway Bay
Address: No.8 Sun Wui Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China
The Hari, Causeway Bay is a sophisticated hotel offering an Italian restaurant & a Japanese eatery, plus a bar with a terrace. It is a 5-star hotel with a price of$257 per night.
Here are some details about the hotel:
- It has a 4.3-star rating on Google with over 300 reviews.
- Guests praise the hotel’s stylish design, excellent service, and delicious food.
- The hotel is located in Causeway Bay, which is a central district in Hong Kong. It is close to many popular attractions, such as Victoria Peak and Times Square.
Step into a world of contemporary chic at The Hari. This trendy boutique hotel blends colonial charm with modern sensibilities, boasting stylish rooms with plush furnishings and playful pops of color. Located in the heart of Causeway Bay, a bustling shopping and dining district, The Hari puts you at the epicenter of the action. Refuel with delectable dim sum at Tim Ho Wan, a Michelin-starred favorite, just steps away, or wander through the labyrinthine alleys of Jardine’s Crescent for hidden gems.
2.YHA Mei Tin Hostel
Address: Block 41, Shek Kip Mei Estate, Sham Shui Po, Kowloon, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Location and Ambiance:
- Situated in the vibrant Sham Shui Po district, YHA Mei Tin Hostel offers a budget-friendly stay amidst the bustling local life.
- Its convenient location puts you within walking distance of historical landmarks like Nam Shan Estate and the charming Shek Kip Mei neighborhood.
- The hostel itself occupies a refurbished public housing block, lending it a unique character and a glimpse into Hong Kong’s living tapestry.
- YHA Mei Tin Hostel caters to solo travelers and small groups with a variety of dormitory room options.
- Choose from 4-bed mixed dorms, 6-bed mixed dorms, or 4-bed female dorms, all equipped with bunk beds and air conditioning.
- Shared bathroom facilities are available on each floor, kept clean and well-maintained.
Amenities and Facilities:
- The hostel boasts a communal kitchen where guests can whip up their own meals or share culinary skills with fellow travelers.
- A comfortable lounge area provides a space to relax, socialize, and catch up on emails with the hostel’s free Wi-Fi.
- Laundry facilities are also available for guests’ convenience.
Things to Do Nearby:
- Immerse yourself in the local atmosphere by exploring the bustling markets and street food stalls around the hostel.
- Visit the historical Nam Shan Estate, a fascinating example of Hong Kong’s public housing developments.
- Take a stroll through Shek Kip Mei, a revitalized neighborhood known for its art galleries, creative spaces, and hipster cafes.
- For stunning city views, head up to Kowloon Peak or hike the Dragon’s Back Trail.
Overall, YHA Mei Tin Hostel is a great option for budget-conscious travelers who want to experience authentic Hong Kong living. Its convenient location, clean facilities, and friendly atmosphere make it a comfortable and social base for exploring the city.
For the social butterflies and adventure seekers, YHA Mei Tin Hostel is your haven. This vibrant hostel boasts comfortable bunk beds in shared dorms, perfect for making new friends and swapping travel stories. The communal areas buzz with activity, from movie nights and game nights to rooftop barbecues with stunning city views. Situated in a quiet residential neighborhood, YHA Mei Tin offers a welcome respite from the urban clamor, while still providing easy access to the MTR subway system for venturing into the city center.
3. Minimal Panda Hostel
Address: 2/F 69 Tung Choi Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Embrace the minimalist aesthetic at Minimal Panda Hostel, where clean lines and sleek design create a calming atmosphere. Compact yet cleverly designed pods offer privacy and comfort, ideal for solo travelers or budget-conscious couples. The hostel’s rooftop terrace is a delightful spot to unwind with a cup of tea, soak up the city skyline, and plan your next Hong Kong escapade. Nestled in the lively Mong Kok district, you’ll be surrounded by bustling street markets, delicious local eateries, and a kaleidoscope of sights and sounds.
Nestled in the heart of Kowloon, Minimal Panda Hostel promises a cozy and budget-friendly stay in Hong Kong. Forget stuffy dorms and chaotic vibes – this hostel oozes a charm all its own with:
A Zen Approach: Embrace minimalist living in shared dorms designed for comfort and tranquility. Think clean lines, soft hues, and comfy bunk beds perfect for catching some Zzzs after a day of exploring the city’s vibrant streets.
Social Butterfly’s Playground: Strike up conversations with fellow travelers in the communal lounge, a welcoming space to share stories, swap travel tips, and maybe even plan your next adventure together. Board games and books add to the chill vibes, making it easy to connect and create lasting memories.
Fuel Your Explorations: A fully equipped shared kitchen awaits your culinary creativity. Whip up a quick breakfast before hitting the streets or gather your roommates for a budget-friendly feast, sharing stories over steaming bowls of noodles or fragrant stir-fries.
Location is Key: Minimal Panda Hostel sits in a prime Kowloon spot, putting you within easy reach of vibrant markets, delicious street food stalls, and historical landmarks. Hop on the MTR and explore bustling Mong Kok, wander through the Temple Street Night Market, or discover the hidden gems of Sham Shui Po.
More Than Just a Bed: The friendly staff at Minimal Panda Hostel is your gateway to exploring Hong Kong like a local. They’ll happily share hidden gems, recommend top-notch street eats, and point you towards unique experiences you won’t find in guidebooks.
So, if you’re seeking a laid-back hostel experience that’s light on your wallet and heavy on charm, Minimal Panda Hostel might just be your perfect Hong Kong haven. Come for the minimalist digs, stay for the friendly atmosphere and vibrant local connections.
Remember, Minimal Panda Hostel might not be the fanciest place in town, but it offers a genuine taste of Hong Kong living, a comfortable base for your urban adventures, and maybe even a few new panda-loving friends along the way.
4. The Globe Backpackers Hostel
Address: No.41 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Channel your inner bohemian at The Globe Backpackers Hostel, a haven for budget-minded travelers with a taste for adventure. This heritage building, once a laundry factory, has been transformed into a vibrant social hub, buzzing with international guests and a bohemian spirit. Hang out in the cozy common areas, join impromptu jam sessions, or swap stories over shared meals in the communal kitchen. The hostel’s unbeatable location in Central Lan Kwai Fong puts you in the heart of Hong Kong’s nightlife scene, with countless bars, pubs, and restaurants just a stone’s throw away.
> Location: – Heart of bustling Kowloon – Easy access to Mong Kok, Temple Street Night Market, Sham Shui Po – Convenient MTR access
> Accommodation: – Cozy bunks in mixed or female dorms – Clean and comfortable shared spaces – Well-maintained shared bathroom facilities
> Social Atmosphere: – Vibrant common area for mingling and connecting – Diverse crowd of international travelers – Friendly, energetic vibe
>Amenities: – Communal kitchen for cooking and sharing meals – Foosball table and other games for entertainment – Helpful staff with insider Hong Kong tips
> Unique Vibe: – Character-filled haven that ditches sterile hotel vibes – Embraces backpacker spirit and authentic Hong Kong experience – Focuses on social connections and local immersion
> Ideal for: – Budget-conscious travelers seeking social experiences – Those who want to connect with other travelers – Adventurers eager to explore Hong Kong’s hidden gems
5. 99% Pure Milk Guest House
Address: Flat A5 & B2, 16/F, Block A&B Block B, Mirador Mansion, 58 Nathan Road, Hong Kong, China
Indulge in a touch of nostalgia at 99% Pure Milk Guest House, named after the iconic Hong Kong condensed milk brand. This charming guesthouse exudes a retro vibe, with vintage furnishings and playful polka-dot accents adding to its quirky appeal. Compact yet comfortable rooms offer a cozy retreat after a day of exploring, while the rooftop terrace provides a welcome breath of fresh air and panoramic city views. Located in the up-and-coming Sham Shui Po district, you’ll find yourself amidst local markets, independent shops, and hidden culinary gems.
- Budget-friendly: It’s a capsule hotel, which means the rooms are small and basic, but they’re also very affordable. This makes it a good option for budget travelers or solo backpackers.
- Central location: Leisure Hostel is located in Causeway Bay, which is a central and bustling district in Hong Kong. It’s close to many popular attractions, such as Victoria Park, Times Square, and the Causeway Bay Typhoon Shelter.
- Clean and comfortable: The capsule pods in Leisure Hostel look clean and well-maintained. They also have privacy curtains and individual reading lights, which can be helpful for travelers who want some peace and quiet.
- Limited amenities: As a capsule hotel, Leisure Hostel doesn’t have many amenities. There’s no swimming pool, gym, or spa. However, there is a shared kitchen and lounge area where guests can relax and socialize.
Overall, Leisure Hostel looks like a good option for budget travelers who are looking for a clean and comfortable place to stay in a central location in Hong Kong. However, if you’re looking for a hotel with more amenities or a more luxurious experience, you might want to consider other options.
6. Hotel 328, Argyle Street
Address: No.950 Canton Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Experience the pulse of Mong Kok at Hotel 328, Argyle Street. This no-frills hotel offers basic yet clean accommodations at incredibly affordable rates, making it a perfect choice for budget-conscious travelers on the go. The convenient location puts you in the heart of the Mong Kok shopping district, a paradise for bargain hunters and foodies. Immerse yourself in the vibrant street markets, savor delectable street food from local vendors, and explore the endless maze of shops selling everything from electronics to traditional Chinese garments.
Here’s some information about the hotel in bullet points:
- Location: 328 Argyle Street, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
- Type of hotel: Budget-friendly boutique hotel
- Room options: Private rooms and dormitory-style bunk beds
- Amenities: Shared kitchen, lounge area, laundry facilities, luggage storage
- Price range: Affordable (around 79 USD per night)
- The hotel was previously known as Minimal Hotel Bazaar but has since rebranded as Pop Inn ‧ Mong Kok.
- The image you sent shows the exterior of the hotel, which features a modern design with large windows.
- The hotel is located in a central area of Mong Kok, close to many restaurants, shops, and transportation links.
- Reviews of the hotel are generally positive, with guests praising its cleanliness, affordability, and convenient location.
7. YMCA International House
Address: No.4 Robinson Road, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China
For a touch of history and cultural immersion, look no further than YMCA International House. This heritage building, dating back to the 1930s, offers comfortable shared dorms and private rooms at budget-friendly prices. The common areas buzz with a unique multicultural atmosphere, as travelers from around the world share stories and experiences. Take advantage of the on-site language exchange programs, join cultural talks and workshops, or simply soak up the vibrant international vibe. Located in the heart of Kowloon, you’ll have easy access to major attractions like Victoria Peak and Temple Street Night Market.
Here’s some information about YMCA International House in bullet points:
- Location: 23 Salisbury Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Type of accommodation: Guest house offering single and twin rooms, with some dormitory options also available
- Target audience: Primarily budget-conscious travelers and students
- Amenities: Shared kitchen, common room, laundry facilities, rooftop terrace with city views
- Price range: Affordable (around 300 HKD per night for a single room)
- YMCA International House has a long history in Hong Kong, dating back to 1958.
- The guest house is located in a convenient area of Kowloon, close to the Tsim Sha Tsui district and MTR stations.
- Reviews of the guest house are generally positive, with guests praising its affordability, cleanliness, and central location.
- While the facilities are basic, they are well-maintained and offer a comfortable and social environment for budget travelers.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly place to stay in a central location in Kowloon, YMCA International House might be a good option for you. However, if you’re looking for a more luxurious or modern experience, you might want to consider other options.
8. The Gunnery Hotel
Address: 41-49 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China
Uncover a hidden gem in Fortress Hill with The Gunnery Hotel. This boutique hotel occupies a restored heritage building, showcasing a unique blend of colonial architecture and modern design. Stylishly appointed rooms offer a comfortable haven, while the rooftop bar and restaurant provide a chic social space with stunning city views. Explore the trendy neighborhood’s art galleries, independent cafes, and boutique shops, or take a stroll along the scenic.
Here’s some information about the hotel in bullet points, without including the image you sent:
- Type of hotel: Boutique hotel with modern design
- Room options: Stylish and contemporary rooms in various sizes, from Superior Rooms to Suites
- Amenities: Fitness center, rooftop garden terrace, restaurant, bar, co-working space, laundry facilities
- Price range: Mid-range (around HKD 1,000 – 2,000 per night)
- Kew Green Hotel is known for its trendy and vibrant atmosphere, catering to young professionals and travelers.
- The hotel is located in Wan Chai, a lively district with a mix of bars, restaurants, and business centers.
- It’s within walking distance of MTR stations and other transportation links, making it easy to explore the city.
- Reviews of the hotel are generally positive, with guests praising its stylish design, comfortable rooms, and central location.
9. Ovolo South
Address: No.64 Wong Chuk Hang Road, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China
For a modern and stylish stay in Wong Chuk Hang, Ovolo South is your answer. This trendy hotel offers spacious rooms with contemporary decor and stunning views of the South China Sea. Take a dip in the rooftop infinity pool, indulge in delicious bites at the hotel’s restaurants, or explore the nearby art galleries and trendy cafes. Rooms start at around $100 USD per night, offering great value for the stylish design and amenities.
Here’s some information about Ovolo South in Hong Kong :
- Type: Boutique hotel with contemporary design and artistic flair
- Location: Wong Chuk Hang, a trendy and emerging district in southern Hong Kong, close to Aberdeen Harbour and easy access to public transportation
- Room options: Stylish and spacious rooms and suites, some with balconies offering stunning city or harbour views
- Amenities: Rooftop bar with panoramic city views, outdoor pool, fitness center, art gallery, co-working space, 24-hour room service, laundry facilities
- Price range: Mid-range to luxury (HKD 1,500 – 5,000+ per night depending on room and season)
- Ovolo South is known for its vibrant atmosphere, curated art collection, and focus on local experiences.
- The hotel offers complimentary minibars, bikes for loan, and cultural insights from the in-house “Ovolo Volo” team.
- The rooftop bar, Above, is a popular hangout spot with stunning views and craft cocktails.
- Reviews of the hotel are overwhelmingly positive, praising its stylish design, attentive service, and unique location.
If you’re looking for a trendy and vibrant hotel experience in a up-and-coming district of Hong Kong, Ovolo South might be a perfect fit. However, if you prioritize a central location or traditional luxury experience, other options might be more suitable.
10. The Nathan Hotel
Address: 378 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
If you’re looking for a classic Hong Kong hotel experience, The Nathan Hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui is the place to be. This iconic hotel has been a landmark since the 1960s and offers comfortable rooms with all the essentials for a relaxing stay. Step outside and you’ll be right in the heart of the action, surrounded by shops, restaurants, and bustling markets. Rooms start at around $60 USD per night, making it an affordable option in a prime location.
Here’s some information about The Nathan Hotel in bullet points :
- Type: Upscale boutique hotel with Art Deco influences
- Location: Central, Hong Kong Island, within walking distance of popular landmarks like Lan Kwai Fong and Victoria Peak
- Room options: Elegant and spacious rooms and suites with marble bathrooms and city views
- Amenities: Rooftop pool and bar with stunning views, fitness center, spa, restaurant, bar, 24-hour room service, laundry facilities
- Price range: Luxury (HKD 3,000+ per night depending on room and season)
- The Nathan Hotel is known for its sophisticated atmosphere, personalized service, and dedication to showcasing local art and culture.
- The rooftop bar, Ozone, offers a glamorous setting and panoramic city views, making it a popular spot for cocktails and socializing.
- The hotel provides guests with complimentary minibars, smartphone loan with local data, and access to a curated cultural guide.
- Reviews of the hotel are generally positive, with guests praising its elegant design, exceptional service, and convenient location.
If you’re looking for a luxurious and stylish hotel experience in the heart of Hong Kong, The Nathan Hotel could be a great option. However, if you’re on a tighter budget or prefer a more modern or trendy vibe, other hotels might be more suitable.
Hong Kong, a dazzling metropolis pulsing with neon lights and towering skyscrapers, can seem intimidating for budget travelers. But fear not, intrepid adventurer! Nestled amongst the luxury giants are hidden gems – affordable hotels that offer comfort, convenience, and access to the vibrant heart of this Asian powerhouse. Buckle up, bargain hunters, as we delve into 10 cheap hotels in Hong Kong that will let you experience its magic without breaking the bank.